Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dragon Attacks...

I've had a lot of down time this summer. Google emails me every day to remind me that I have nothing on my calendar. Mostly, I use this extra time for extra eating and sleeping. Sometimes though, I try using it for thinking. I usually start by trying to think of something profound. So profound that if I wrote it down, it would get in into the New Yorker or something. This type of thinking can last upwards of 40 or 50 seconds. Today, however, it did not last that long. As I sat in my thinking chair and looked out the window, I was quickly distracted by the realization that I am not prepared for a dragon attack. At all.

This worries me. My house is in the middle of a field with very little cover. There are some trees, but those would hardly stop any dragons.

My house is just begging for a dragon attack.
I immediately jumped onto the Interwebs and started looking for information. After extensive searching--2 minutes--I found nothing! are people not worried about this? Does our government even have a strategy on how to defend the nation from a widespread dragon invasion? I sure hope they do. Some of us remember what happened in Reign of Fire. Being unprepared can lead to having to fight dragons who will kill you for a long time.

Will we let this happen to us?
So I don't know about you, but I am going to do everything I can to prepare myself. I want to be able to hold my own in a dragon fight. I'm not quite sure what that involves yet, but I am going to find out everything I can. But so far, this is all I can find.

Hopefully we won't have to defend ourselves against dragons. But you never know. According to ChaCha, the chances of being attacked by a dragon is 1/50 and something about Chinese Water Dragons living near streams.

I'll leave you on this note:



No comments:

Post a Comment